Everyone knows that the accessories make the outfit. Coco Chanel once famously said “Less is more” while Iris Apfel also almost as famously said “More is more and less is a bore”. Opinions can be rather divided. One thing that is for certain is that accessories can make or break the outfit.
A few things to take away from this year’s Fashion Week,
- Silver was by far the standout when it came to the colour of accessories, especially for both Zambesi and Stolen Girlfriends Club. Think boots that are a bright tin foil, silver with a matching clutch.
- A Bohemian take on the corset belt. I was curious to see if this trend would be all over fashion week this year, seeing as it’s been all over International Fashion Weeks’ (and the internet for that matter).
- Sunglasses with nearly clear lenses in tints of yellows, reds and pinks. Tia Feng had such a great take on this trend. Rose tinted glasses (ladies get out those early 2000’s Anastacia era goggles. It’s time!)
- Hand bags are getting smaller. Gone are the days of an oversized bag. It’s now all about the cute mini purse or clutch. This was gorgeously illustrated by Empire Of Genus’ Chain Gang Collection.
6. If silver accessories ain’t your thing, then how about some awesome muted pastels? I fell in love with the use of pastel New Balance sneakers in the French 83 collection. Check it.