Sans Pareil went along to New Zealand’s biggest shopping mall, Sylvia Park, to bring you 5 of the biggest trends this season.
- Something Sporty. You thought Sports Luxe was dead? Nope. It’s here for another season and this time it’s got designers creating items especially for it. Which is awesome, who doesn’t love when comfort comes into fashion? So time to get your Sporty Spice on and pick up some fun sporty pieces that are too cute just for the gym. If you’ve got a budget there are some great pieces in Sterling Women, like this cute Nike Crop,
Otherwise, if your budget is smaller – Industrie has done a collaboration with FILA and they have produced some very cute items. See below.
- An Oversized Coat. If you do decide to get that cute FILA top, you’re gonna need something warm to shelter you from the winter weather. Keeping with comfort, this season’s must-have is an oversized,snuggly coat. I’m especially loving these ones below, and they have colour palettes which will go with almost any palette.
- Sneakers. Yes, we’ve already talked sportswear but this trend is so big and EVERYWHERE it needs its own section. Sneakers have been popular for a while now, and have had every designer label from Balenciaga to Dior releasing their own version. And why not? Sneakers are the perfect staple to any wardrobe – and bonus points they actually support your feet while you’re running around. Whoohoo.
Speaking of Balenciaga kicks, if $1000 is a bit steep for you to pay for a pair of their iconic chunky Triple S Sneaker, then these alternatives are very similar and very cute.
These season New Balance (available from Sterling Women) are the perfect shade of blush
- Statement Trousers. You may have noticed this trend in one form or another, because absolutely everywhere is doing it. This winter is all about a statement pant. Check out some of my fav picks below.
- Statement Slip Ons. It all started when Gucci let drop a VERY stylish range of slip ons with uniquely stunning and often embroidered detail. The trend has (luckily) trickled down and there are some very gorgeous alternatives out there.
Like these Isabella Anselmi from Overland.